Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Day One

All this talk of globalization, global warming, buying locally...
I guess it finally triggered something in me. I have browsed online a few times now looking for (mainstream) products that are currently made in America. I wasn't able to find a website like this, though I did find several that supported buying American. My problem with these sites is that the links they provided did not offer much--most of the clothing sites were for blue-collar men to wear to work...with maybe ONE item for women, that one item being a very boring, plain, fitted t-shirt.

So despite being an International Business grad student...I decided to make time in my life to create the website that I wanted to find in my search, but couldn't. Through this blog, I hope to provide curious consumers like myself with a database of items we use, or see advertised, everyday, that are actually made in America. It's not that I don't support the small businesses that the other websites link to, it's more that I don't want to buy something I absolutely hate, just to buy something in the name of buying American.

Here goes nothing.

No comments: