Saturday, August 8, 2009

Starting Up Again.

I haven't written in a very long time but I still try to watch for things that are made in America. I had such a vision for how this website would turn out and I would like to try to bring that vision into a reality. I recently got married and before that finished grad school. With those two things behind me, I plan on having more time to try to get into wed design and researching the whole concept of supporting American made goods. I've seen a few creative things that I shall blog about.

I never read the comments of my last post until today, despite it having been over a year ago. Two of my friends-in-real life and perhaps my only readers commented that they'd be more interested in a blog about cutting down consumerism rather than a blog about buying American made goods. It's my blog and I'll do what I want to--I'll do both, in the same blog.

While I have spent the last year and a half spending a lot less money and buying a lot less junk, I still like to browse, and sometimes, shop. My original goal with this blog was to provide a website where if someone wanted to buy a vacuum cleaner, a guitar, or a flower pot, they'd be able to come to one website and find a database of where they could buy the vacuum cleaner, flower pot, or guitar in a model that was made in America. Let's face it. The country spends a lot of money on material goods--why not keep that money here?

No comments: